VAM® Risers are the most experienced and successful Threaded and Coupled riser connections in the world. They have been developed and run over the last twenty years.
VAM® TTRTM is a threaded and coupled riser connector featuring a very high fatigue resistance (SAF ≤ 1.5 vs. DNV B1 curve). It was specifically designed as an outer production riser for years of reliable use in high fatigue environments.
VAM® TTRTM features am external metal to metal seal to prevent seawater ingress and buildup of corrosion over design life. It also includes a fatigue compliant gas tight internal metal to metal seal derived from our premium casing and tubing connections. Additional Fatigue enhancements include stress reducing bending swoosh and special designed fatigue reducing threads
VAM® TTRTM has been successfully run in multiple projects over the last ten years. It is the industry standard for high fatigue applications.
- Available in sizes from 8-5/8″ to 16″. Others sizes are available upon request
- Standard, alternative and special drifts
- High strength steels up to 125ksi including Vallourec sour service grades.
- Suitable for high fatigue applications
- Outer Production Risers.
- ISO13679 qualified
- Extremely High Fatigue resistance, SAF≤1.5.0 vs. DNV B1 curve
- Tension capacity 80-95% of pipe body yield strength
- External pressure rating up to 100% of pipe body capacity
- Bending up to 45°/100ft.
- Highest fatigue performance makes it ideal for production riser environments
- Fatigue performance demonstrated with multiple full scale connections tested on a resonant fatigue frame
- Reliable metal to metal seals for high temperature applications.
- VAM® TTR HWTM. This is the “Heavy Wall” version of the VAM TTR®. It maintains all of the original design features of the original, but with wall thickness able to withstand HP/HT environments
- VAM® TTR HWTM is available in wall thickness up to 1.125″ with high strength Sour Service grades.