VAM® Risers are the most experienced and successful Threaded and Coupled riser connections in the world. They have been developed and run over the last twenty years.
VAM TOP® FETM is a threaded and coupled riser connector featuring high fatigue resistance (SAF ≤ 2.0 vs. DNVB1 curve). It is the “Fatigue Enhanced” version of the widely used and field proven VAM TOP® connection.
VAM TOP® FETM features a premium gas tight internal metal-to-metal seal identical to the famous premium casing/tubing connection VAM TOP® from which it was designed. Fatigue enhancements include a bending swoosh to provide more flexibility in bending, a smooth thread shape, and increased coupling OD versus VAM TOP®.
VAM TOP® FETM has been the standard for riser applications for the last decade with over 1,000,000ft run throughout the world.
- Available in sizes from 6-5/8″ to 14″, wall thicknesses ranging from 0.317″ to 0.725″ (special applications available up to 16″)
- Standard, alternative and special drifts
- High strength steels up to 125ksi including Vallourec sour service grades.
- Drilling Risers
- Inner Production Riser Completion/Workover/Landing string.
- ISO13679 qualified
- High number of Make & Breaks, up to 25 on select sizes
- High Fatigue resistance, SAF≤2.0 vs. DNV B1 curve.
- High fatigue performance makes it ideal for riser environments
- Fatigue performance demonstrated with more than 100 full scale connections tested on a resonant fatigue frame
- Compatible with VAM TOP® for easy crossover. (VAM TOP® FETM box to VAM TOP® pin).