VAM® SLIJ-II™ is a gas tight expanded box premium connection combining maximum external and internal pressure resistance with increased compression. The tapered two-step thread design means that VAM® SLIJ-II™ stabs deep with very low risk of cross-threading.
The slim OD is about 2-3% above pipe body, making it ideal for use in tight clearance wells.
- 4 1/2″ to 16″
- Standard, alternate and special drifts
- Carbon, Martensitic stainless steel (13%Cr & Super 13%Cr)
- Yield strengths from 80ksi to 140ksi.
- Production and intermediate casing
- Production Tie back
- Production liner
- Contingency string
- Internal and external pressure resistance up to pipe body ratings
- Tension rating of 70% to 80% of pipe body yield strength
- Compression rating equal to 70% of the joint strength
- Excellent jump-out resistance with 10 degree hooked load flank
- Sealability validated to ISO 13679, field proven in extreme deepwater wells.
- Dual gas tight sealing system to isolate internal and external pressure
- High clearance semi-flush design