VAM® SGTM is a gas-tight expanded box premium connection with increased tension and torque capacity, making it ideal for production casing in the Shale plays. The tapered two-step thread design means that it stabs deep with very low risk of cross-threading. The pin gas-tight metal seal is in front of the mid-torque shoulder, so that it is protected from handling damage.
VAM® SGTM‘s 90% tension rating makes it ideal to run full string length as production casing in most Shale applications.
- Available in sizes from 4 1/2″ to 5 1/2″
- Carbon steel, 95 – 125 ksi (including High Collapse grades).
- Shale plays
- Production casing
- Extended Reach
- Horizontal wells
- Internal pressure resistance up to pipe body ratings.
- Tension rating up to 90% of pipe body yield strength.
- Compression rating equal to 63% of pipe body.
- Sealability validated to ISO 13679 CAL-II plus a fit for purpose Shale test program.
- Single solution for vertical and horizontal sections of Shale wells
- High clearance semi-flush design
- Excellent jump-out resistance with 10° hooked load flank
- Easy running with enhanced rotational torque capability.