VAM® SFCTM is a gas tight expanded box premium connection combining maximum external and internal pressure resistance with increased compression.
VAM® SFCTM is based on VAM® SLIJ-IITM with modifications that increase the torque capacity, making it ideal for the horizontal sections needed in the Shale plays. The tapered two-step thread design means that it stabs deep with very low risk of cross-threading. The slim OD is about 2-3% above pipe body, making it ideal for use in tight clearance wells.
- Available in sizes from 4 1/2″ to 5 1/2″
- Carbon steel, 80 – 125 ksi (including High Collapse grades)
- Other sizes may be available upon request.
- Shale plays
- Production casing
- Extended Reach
- Horizontal wells.
- Internal and external pressure resistance up to pipe body ratings
- Tension rating of 70% to 80% of pipe body yield strength
- Compression rating equal to 70% of the joint strength
- Sealability validated to stringent testing procedures.
- Dual gas-tight sealing system to isolate internal and external pressure
- High clearance semi-flush design
- Excellent jump-out resistance with 10° hooked load flank.