VAM® Risers are the most experienced and successful Threaded and Coupled riser connections in the world. They have been developed and run over the last twenty years.
VAM® LDRTM is a threaded and coupled riser connector featuring a very high fatigue resistance (SAF ≤ 1.5 vs. DNV B1 curve). It was specifically designed for the completion and work over riser application for 7 5/8″ with 5.500″ Drift.
VAM® LDRTM features an external metal to metal seal to prevent seawater ingress and buildup of corrosion during open water work over applications. It also includes a fatigue compliant gas tight internal metal-to-metal seal derived from our premium casing and tubing connections. Additional Fatigue enhancements include stress reducing bending swoosh and special designed fatigue reducing threads.
VAM® LDRTM has been specifically tested per the industry standard for work over risers, ISO13628-7/API 17G.
- Available in 7-5/8″ x 1.0″ wall in T95. Others sizes are available upon request.
- Completion and workover risers.
- ISO13628-7/API17G Qualified to 15,000psi working pressure with 5.500″ drift
- Extremely High Fatigue resistance, SAF≤1.5.0 vs. DNV B1 curve
- Tension capacity 90% of pipe body yield strength
- External pressure rating up to 100% of pipe body capacity
- Bending up to 20°/100ft
- Qualified to 25 Make & Breaks.
- Highest fatigue performance makes it ideal for work over riser environments
- Fatigue performance demonstrated with multiple full scale connections tested on a resonant fatigue frame
- Reliable metal-to-metal seals for high temperature applications.
- VAM® TOP FETM is an alternate connection for the completion and work over application when an external seal is not required. Both VAM®TOP FETM and VAM®LDRTM are run in both modes: open-sea mode or inside a marine riser.