VAM® 21TM is the latest generation of Threaded & Coupled (T&C) premium connection introducing an innovative and revolutionary design. Confidence thanks to ISO 13679 CAL-IV compliance within the full pipe body envelope extends the opportunities for your well designs.
VAM® 21TM is the highest performing and most reliable VAM® connection to date with excellent gas tight sealing under combined loads, extreme compression resistance (100%) and innovative VAM® Effect with the VAM® Stabilizer™.
Seal and shoulder functions are separated so that torque and compression have no affect on the sealing performance.
- Available in sizes from 4 ½” to 14″. Others sizes are available upon request.
- Standard, alternative and special drifts.
- Carbon, Martensitic stainless steel (13%Cr & Super 13%Cr), >Duplex, Super Duplex and Nickel base Alloys.
- Yield strengths from 80 ksi to 140ksi.
- Production casing
- Drilling with Casing
- Extreme HP/HT well design.
- Qualified to ISO13679 FDIS-2011 CAL-IV, the most stringent connection qualification procedure to date and upcoming API 5C5:2013
- Extreme compression resistance (100% of Pipe Body Yield Strength)
- Bending validated up to 42°/100ft
- Sealability validated up to 240°C (464°F).
- Simple, reliable and easy running
- Seal protected from rough handling
- Suitable for automated rig handling systems
- Clear and repeatable make-up charts
- Performances preserved when increasing torque (Maximum Torque with Sealibility value)
- Performance preserved after fatigue
- Reduced drilling wear susceptibility.
- Available with high torque option: VAM® 21 HTTM.
- Available with clearance option VAM® 21 SCTM.
- Available for Steam well applications VAM® 21 SWTM.
- VAM® 21 SLTM: slim-line tailor made designs available upon request to fit in the most unique well designs.
- Available with CLEANWELL® option.