VAM® EDGE SFTM is a gas-tight expanded box premium connection with increased tension and torque capacity, making it ideal for production casing in the Shale plays.
The tapered two-step thread design technology means that it stabs deep with very low risk of cross-threading. The gas-tight metal seal is located in front of the mid-torque shoulder, thus protecting it from handling damage.
VAM® EDGE SFTM‘s high tension rating plus extremely high torque capacity make it ideal to run a full string length as production casing in Shale wells with extended horizontal sections.
- Available in sizes from 5″ to 5 1/2″
- Carbon steel, 95 – 140 ksi (including High Collapse grades)
- Production casing
- Oil & Gas shale plays
- Extended Reach, Horizontal wells up to 10,000 ft lateral and beyond.
- Internal pressure resistance up to pipe body ratings
- Collapse rating: 70% api 5C3
- Tension rating: 82% of pipe body yield strength (depending on size/weight)
- Compression rating: upto 78% of pipe body
- Bending rating: 40° / 100 ft
- Excellent jump-out resistance with a dove-tailed locking thread form
- Sealability validated to the latest FDIS 2011 ISO 13679 CAL-II, plus a fit for purpose shale test program including fatigue testing.
- Torque capacity ideal for longer laterals pushing 10,000 ft
- Single solution for vertical and horizontal sections of Shale wells
- High clearance semi-flush design
- Compatible with environmentally friendly thread compounds.